[Harp-L] Seydel 1847 & Serious Blues in Roanoke

The posts on the 1847 are pretty intriguing.  I've looked at the pictures
and practically squinted my eyes into permanent deformity trying to figure
out whether or how much the reed plates protrude beyond the comb.  The
protruding reed plates on Golden Melody's and MS harps make me crazy.  Do
the 1847 reed plates protrude?  I noticed that Tim Moyer listed polishing
the reed plate edges as one of the tasks he had applied to his.  Tim - was
this because of sharp edges, excessive protrusion, or something else?  How
did you polish them?  Any info appreciated.

By the way, I also caught the Dennis Gruenling & Jump Time show at 202
Market Place this weekend & I agree with WVa Bob's accolades.  What a great
night!  Dennis just gets better and better.  Is that even possible?  Serious
praise also belongs to the venue.  202 Market Place is the love child of
Steve Rosenoff, a Roanoke harp player.  What a wonderfully beautiful and
comfortable place to catch a show.  The food is so good it borders on
illegal.  If you ever find yourself in the Roanoke area, check 'em out.

Cliff Hall
12barz@xxxxxxxxx