Re: [Harp-L] Do it yourself customizing questions

Dave Murray wrote:
> I'm going to convert some Marine Bands to screws. Some questions...
>
> 1. Is 1-72 x 3/8" an appropriate size screw (reed plates & covers
> w nuts)?

Perfect.

> 2. Looking at bee's wax. Not sure how much (volume) a pound is.
> How much is needed (dunking)?

A pound is plenty, but I'd advise using urethane instead.  It's a
lot safer to work with and gives a better seal.  You can get food
safe finishes at any word working shop (though not at Home Depot or
the like).

> 3. Opening covers by bending the apron under. Does that weaken the
> cover (might want to play in rack)?

Pound away.  Some other designs might be stronger before the
peening, but the MB has no cover supports anyway....

-tim