Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Documentary Website Update

Slim Heilpern wrote:

<Yeah, I have a similar question, based on the terms and conditions
<posted on the site:
<
<"You hereby grant to Omni-Harmonica a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty
<free, worldwide license to use, publicly display, distribute,
<sublicense, modify and otherwise fully exploit any Content that you
<submit to Omni-Harmonica."
<
<Not mentioned is whether the writer may hold on to the publishing
<rights. I would hope so, but even with that, it is royalties that would
<make this attractive to the performers.
<
<And then there's this:
<
<"Omni-Harmonic reserves the right to make changes to any part of this
<Agreement at any time without notification to you. Therefore, you <should
<review this Agreement as posted on the Site from time to time."

That language is the contractual equivalent of slavery.

Members of this list can make up their own minds about whether they care to submit their work for consideration under these circumstances. I wouldn't sign a contract like that unless I had a gun to my head.

Regards, Richard Hunter