Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

At 01:42 AM 4/16/2007, you wrote:

Well I can tell you why I'm intrigued by Seydel's offerings. They are innovative. The low low tunings the many variations of plain old low and high tunings. The availability of custom tunings. The solist harmonicas that mimic the SBS layout. The Paddy Richter tunings are availalbe. Interesting tremelo harmonicas. Sure if all you play are 10 hole diatonics in the common 12 keys there are lots of choices. Stainless steel reeds are exciting if they do in fact last forever especially if the set up and tuning stays put. Customs are great and I have a lot of them but they take months if not longer to get. Sometimes you just want to buy an actual

Yes, but what good is any tuned harp if you get out of breath because they're so leaky. I've been burnt twice by Seydel, so unless they lower the price of the 1847 significantly, or I somehow get to try one, I'll stick to Pure Harps and Marine bands.