Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

Hi Jeff,

It sounds like the Seydel harps you got might have been gapped too high for your playing, which is usually the problem when someone experiences "leakiness". It could also possibly be some issue of the fit between the reedplates and comb. If you will send the harps to me I will examine them, and adjust, repair, or replace them depending on what I find.

Best wishes,

Rupert Oysler
www.harprepair.com

Jeff roulier wrote:
Seydel hasn't proved much to me. The two harps I bought (Blues session standard and the soloist Pro) were both leaky as hell especially on the 3 draw. Before I fork over a hundred bucks for an 1847, I can get a Suzuki Pure harp, Firebreath, Marine band deluxe, a regular Marine band performs better, and hell for only few $ more I can get a custom harp. I really don't understand the fuss over Seydel harps. IMHO they are sub par harps being way over rated.