[Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

In a message dated 4/15/2007 3:05:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fjm  writes:

I'm thinking the hardcore Marine Band players will be  thrown for a loop
by the covers.  Not being open on the ends is  huge.  You lose so much
technique because of that.

Fjm,  I know i must need to get out more....but pls.  elaborate on the loss
of technique due to the fact that the covers aren't open  on the ends.
  Suggestion re combs that don't show the key and covers  that do not have
numbers to help u identify which side is  up: mark the tops of the covers with a
large letter  to signify the key -- it can be as quick and easy as a piece of
 masking tape and a magic marker.  It also helps find the harp  keys u want
in a dark club or concert hall, especially as our eyes get  older.
  To make it last forever, i coat my tape with clear nail  polish.
ron - FL Keys