[Harp-L] Diifference betweent Audix Fireball and Audix Fireball V?

Hi there,

I'm a long time SM58 user, but I'm considering the Audix Fireball. There are two models, the Fireball (rrp $249 from the Audix site) and the Fireball V (rrp $199). They both seem to have the same microphone element. The Fireball V has a volume pot (very useful), but retails for less, despite this extra feature. Could anyone tell me why this is? More to the point, is there any technical reason to buy the more expensive Fireball, rather than the Fireball V?

Cheers,

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.harmonicatunes.com