Re: [Harp-L] Re: My Omni-bender

> I've said before that I think the XB is a legit
> instrument but an All-Bender with traditional size,
> sound and playability would capture lots more
> attention.

There are a few "minor" difficulties to overcome :-)
I mean if you don't want to resize the whole
instrument including reeds for example. But I am sure
that a couple of harp manufacturers are experimenting
with this. Even if anybody has a solution, the end
product should have a good sound, has to be reliable
and has to be mass producable at reasonable costs.
Personally I think the XB40 has a few problems, but
can be made a very nice instrument. I also like the
size, it is very confortable. The sound is another
issue, I think one has to learn to get the best out of
it, also bending has to be re-learnt. A diatonic with
the same bending charachteristics as a standard harp,
would surely be more popular. But then again there is
the price issue. It is very hard to get that harp down
to the size of a diatonic, but I am sure some day
somebody will come out with a marketable 30 reed
product.

Zombor
www.zovax.atw.hu

The fish are biting.