From: <nonidesign@xxxxxxx>
To: "Joe and Cass Leone" <leone@xxxxxxxx>; "Vern Smith" <jevern@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:32 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Original 64 Fender Deluxe blackface amp questions

> I have an original 1964 Fender Deluxe blackface amp that I want to use for
gigging. . I'm going to do the usual stuff such as replacing the 2 prong
plug with a grounded one, recap if necessary, etc.

> Anyone have recommendations for:
> 1.  a replacement 12" speaker (ceramic, alnico, brands, vintage, new,
etc.)?

> 2. harp set-ups good for this particular amp (tube set-ups, how the amp
behaves with certain mics, control knob & input preferences, etc.)?

> 3. The amp has an external speaker jack. I seem to remember a rule for
external speakers such as using one at half the ohm load for the amp's main
speaker ( I beleive the stock speaker is 8ohm). Does anyone have any info on
this? I don't want to plug in an extension speaker that will cause havoc
with the amp.