stick to. The sides don't need sanded as they are rougher then the surface of the reed.

mike
ps. HohnerUSA isn't the same without you buddy:-)

On Apr 10, 2007, at 12:11 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:51:31 +0100
From: "rick epping" <rickepping@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Soldering Reeds
To: "Vern Smith" <jevern@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

If I'm adding a massive amount of solder to lower the pitch by, say, a
fifth, I'll apply a line of graphite using a soft lead pencil on the surface
of the reed at the point where I want the solder to end and along the edge
of the reed to help prevent the solder from flowing where it is not wanted.
Someone on harp-l passed on the suggestion some years ago to apply the
pencil marking on the surface of the reed and an attendee at a workshop I
once gave in Trossingen thought of the idea to add the graphite along the
edge.

Best regards,
Rick