Re: [Harp-L] Soldering Reeds

Am Montag, 9. April 2007 00:37 schrieb fjm:
> Gruß,Frank writes:
> > Or the Seydel Solist Pro Low Octave C. It´s like a SBS with holes
> > 13 and 14 missing, but with normal spacing.
>
> Same tuning scheme?  Holes 123 and 456 are the same but an octave
> apart?

Yes.

> I really like the SBS tuning.  I'll have to see if there are
> some keys in the Seydel Soloist Pro that I can't get in the SBS
> series.

It´s also available in A, however Seydel promised more keys, didn´t
name which nor when yet. I go boh, C and A, and i´m pretty satisfied

> Personally I've never understood the fuss about the hole
> spacing.  O can got from a Vest Pocket Harp to the SBS and it
> doesn't cause me any troubles.  Round holes to square does though.

The main advantage of the standard hole spacing compared to what you
get with the SBS is, that the Seydel model can be held and cupped
just like an ordinary 10-hole, unless you have quite small hands.

--
Gruß,Frank