[Harp-L] Re: Marine Band surprise, and don't give up

Hey Dave,

Congrats on your first overblow!  The kind of harp you use (and/or how the reeds are set up) really does make a big difference.  Once you learn to overblow on a properly set-up harp, you will be able to do it on other harps as well, even Lee Oskars.  For the same OB ease as Marine Bands but with various other advantages, you might want to try going back to Special 20s or try the wonderful Hohner Golden Melody, which is even better for overblowing.  I am slowly converting most of my harp set to GMs because they are so comfortable to hold and have such a great sound.

Jonathan