[Harp-L] Summertime help

My band hosts an open jam and last night someone
called Summertime.  I know the melody and play it in
4th.  However, I've never thought so soloing through
the piece.

Any advice?  The chord progression seems pretty nuts.
I don't mind learning its harmony and following it
rather then picking a diatonic scale.  I have forever
to figure it out, but thought it would be a great
challenge to play it from a jazz persepctive rather
then blues.

I think we'll be adding it to our regular set
eventually along with Watermelon Man (thanks Gussow!).

Mike Fugazzi
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan

Need Mail bonding?