[Harp-L] Death of Live Music

Nearly every one of these posts ends with "don't quit your day job."  Tim Moyer was talking about Austin being a great place, but just don't try to make a living at it.  I live in Austin too and although I choose to give lessons to supplement my gigging, I am friends with many full time performing musicians.

  My belief says you are the obstacle.  Argue for your limitations and they are yours.  If you want to make a living playing originals in an unusual genre while staying in your hometown, make it happen.  I just cannot believe that a clear vision, determination and hard work cannot overcome any of these issues you guys are talking about.'

  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com