Re: [Harp-L] The reemergence of live music!

Trip Henderson wrote:
> Do we really need another band that is
> derivative of
> a derivative (for example a band that sounds like Bill Clarke
> sounding like
> George Smith).

Bill Clarke was influenced by George Smith but didn't sound like him. He also got lots of "derivation" from eg. jazz sax and organ players. Most musicians are influenced by other musicians and that will always be the case.

One classic example is Eric Clapton. He is a self-admitted derivative of, but hardly sounds like Robert Johnson.

Harri