[Harp-L] re: Making a High A

"Not to be out of place here, but isn't this your website: http://
www.atlantaharmonicalessons.com/id15.html ?

I know most harmonica techs are fairly self-trained, but shouldn't
this be the sort of thing you learn before going pro?  I mean, when I
hire a plumber he may have his apprentice do much of the work, but
the apprentice isn't the guy in charge until he's done his time on
the job.

Knowing that you can't get a _high_ A from a standard B harmonica
	would seem to me a basic thing for a working harmonica technician."

Matt Smart wrote:

"IF you were going to make a high A, would you lower a B harmonica? Or how
else would you do it"

Um, not to be out of place here, but isn't this your website: http:// www.atlantaharmonicalessons.com/id15.html ?

I know most harmonica techs are fairly self-trained, but shouldn't this be the sort of thing you learn before going pro and charging for your services? I mean, when I hire a plumber he may have his apprentice do much of the work, but the apprentice isn't the guy in charge until he's done his time on the job and can answer such basic questions for himself.

Knowing that you can't get a _high_ A from a _standard_ B harmonica would seem to me to be well below the basic level of knowledge someone should have before they are charging for services. Perhaps you miswrote, but if so I really can't imagine what that might have been.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'