RE: [Harp-L] Chromatic slide is sticking

While my chromatic slide still works, it's certainly not as smooth as it could be. I am playing a mostly chromatic gig two days from now. Does anyone have any quick fixes that they KNOW work?
Thanks,
Michael Rubin

After playing I hold the harmonica mouthpiece-down in a shallow dish of warm water then work the slide in and out rapidly for half a minute. Then I just shake out the excess water before turning it the right way up again, wipe the mouthpiece and covers with a paper towel and leave it out to dry overnight. I don't use 'em as much as you do, but I never have trouble with sticking slides. And I play (* heresy red alert...*) whilst drinking beer! The beer's free, so why wouldn't I?

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm