[Harp-L] Re: Harp Player's Famous Quotes

Here's a couple from the book, The Harp Styles of Bob Dylan:

"I picked up the harmonica after hearing Walter Jacobs of the Muddy Waters
band." - Bob Dylan

"Most of the time, I would blow out of the harmonica because everybody sucks
in.  The proper way to play is like Little Walter or Sonny Boy Williamson
would play -- which would be to cross it -- and I found myself blowing out
more because nobody was doing that in that area.  And that's what defined
that harmonica and guitar sound which I hadn't heard until that point.  I
just stumbled on it one day." - Bob Dylan

Jonathan Metts