De: Richard Hunter [mailto:turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviado el: viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2006 11:46
Para: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; simoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: [Harp-L] MP3

Jorge Simonian <simoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > > > Hi....I'm new in this list...my name is Jorge and I'm from
Argentina (so
 > > > hope you understand my english)
 > > > I have recently recorded some things and there are some MP3 for
you to
 > > > download at my band website...  www.swingbrothers.com.ar in the mp3

I just listened to "Blow Wind Blow".  The harp work is genuinely fresh
and exciting, and the band's got the funk.

The really great thing about the harp work
on this song is that it has a convincingly traditional vib, even though
the "tradition" involved is more like New Orleans blues trumpet than
harp.  I love it.

I've heard a lot of great harp lately in a lot of different styles.
Something is happening out there.  A critical mass of players with big
skills is building, apparently internationally . If this keeps up, I
wouldn't be surprised if the world turns upside down, and harp players
find themselves with multiple offers of work at good wages.

Keep it coming.

regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com