To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Does the little b mean flat?

Rick In Davis <rickindavis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The guy put me on hold for a couple minutes and then came back and
asked me if the "little b" means flat.

it's a little known fact that, in musical context, the word we hear as "flat"
is actually spelled with a silent "b", as "bflat". that's where that abbreviation
comes from.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.