From: "Jorge Simonian" <simoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L (lista)" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Harp preparation for studio recording?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:29:32 -0300

hi, be shure all your harps be in tune...specially octaves (I had that
problem and now I must correct that)

the different harp model doesn´t make much difference.

get recordings you like (harp recordings) the way they sound and make the
sound eng. to listen. so he gets the idea.

try recording at home first to hear you, and correct all your mistakes or
change what you don´t like .(I think that is very important)

get a good amp...borrow one or something....

hope you understand my english.

good luck with the recording

Jorge.
www.swingbrothers.com.ar

-----Mensaje original----- De: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]En nombre de b2becom@xxxxxxxxxxx Enviado el: viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2006 1:10 Para: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Asunto: [Harp-L] Harp preparation for studio recording?

Hey List - I'm about to go into the studio with the band for the first time
and am curious what you all do in preparing your harps for an upcoming
recording session? Is there a protocol when preparing to record. And how do
you explain different harp model tunings to an anal sound eng. who may ask.
I use an eclectic mix of harps including: SP20s, GMs, and LOs, Delta Frosts,
Meisterclasse, Tim Moyer's Journeyman, a Meehan Custom and now a new Suzuki
FireBreath - yikes I'm a harpoholic!

I will admit that this upcoming recording session is beginning to freak me
out a little - any advice? I do plan to get a working digital recording of
the sessions with everyone but me to work on b/4 I go in so I can be
prepared.

Also - I tend to like different harmonica mfgs. and models depending on the
key of the song I'm playing to - is that weird?

Thanks in advance for any help!
--
Ross Macdonald