Re: [Harp-L] Hello, I'm returning to harp-l

Michael, sounds like you're covering a whole lotta ground with the styles you speak of.    You working with Sick struck me.  It wasn't too long ago I was introduced to the Asylum Street Spankers through their DVD, Sideshow Fez, I don't think Sick was in the band at the time, but man, what an outfit... extremely talented and entertaining to say the least (Wammo's sure no slouch on the harp.)  Keep on, man, you might just change the world, or a few minds anyway.

Jim.

>>> Michael Rubin <rubinmichael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/21/2006 5:30 PM >>>
Hey,
  After a few years off I'm returning to the list.  I really enjoyed meeting everyone or remeeting you at SPAH and I thought I'd give harp-l another try.
  My latest explorations in harp include:
  A bass harp.
  A jazz duo.  The guitarist plays chromatic harp but is not a pro yet.  He is however much more advanced than I in jazz theory so we've been trading lessons.
  An effects box with multiple effects.  It's the Yamaha Magic Stomp.
  A funk band.
  I am continuing with my reggae band Mr. Brown and working a side band with Sick, fiddle player from the Asylum Street Spankers.  The tunes have both a swinging and a rocking feel.
  I am working on my "yo-yo" or jaw vibrato.  I have always had a good one, but I want to improve it.
  On the side I am still working on Mandolin.  I also am learning harp by teaching both privately and at UT.
  Check out my next email for the question I can't seem to get answered.
  Thanks,
  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com