[Harp-L] Re: "Hell yeah" .....me too. Brad Kava on Jason Ricci & New Blood

I've been away.....had very little time between Denver to get  ready for
Arizona and Robert Bonfiglio's Seminar at the Grand  Canyon...then took additional
vacation time in Sedona and Scottsdale.  Those who know the Canyon probably
were aware cell-phones and  computers aren't of much use up there....and then
the lap-top I  tried to access Harp-L on somehow later ate all my mail...so
came home to  try to dredge some of it out of my PC....

I'm finally now catching up and got to read Brad Kava's article today  from
the archives...as well as Chris M's and then Michael's follow-up  responses.  I
didn't read whose posts they were responding  to....but can't imagine anyone
here who could have possibly found anything  wrong or offputting about Brad's
article.  It was as right ON as  anything could possibly be.....in a fair
world, Jason Ricci by now would  be a superstar...and those of you who don't know
it by now must not get  out much.

So:   YES, Chris...for a great follow up....YES, Michael  for putting your
money where your mouth is...(and again...what a great  performance by you with
vocals, harp and sax at Herman's...    Chris's group doing their thing
--whatever that sound was...had ME  dancing...and I loved every second of it.....he's
a terrific player by  anyone's standards)...so if you two can unabashedly give
Jason his  well-deserved Props....then all's right with MY world.

Brad Kava ......a big Thumbs up from this corner....

Elizabeth

"NO it's not a new Shure bullet  mic--

It's the great Chris Michalek hitting the bullseye. I  save a very limited #
of posts on my computer--this is definitely one of  them. Brad Kava rocks hard
(as JR would say.)

and  BTW, I am not a big fan of best, favorite and all that, but have you
ever  seen those fiddle contests? or Trossingen? who cares!? The players that
are out there doing it are the ones who really matter.

Michael Peloquin

_http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg_ (http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg)

_http://www.harpsax.com_ (http://www.harpsax.com/)

From:  "Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
C'mon Guys, lay  off Brad. He's done more for the harmonica without using a
harmonica  than most of you put together using your harmonicas. Jason is doing
great things and he's one of the true original players that will be
remembered forever. I don't think there is anybody on this list that can  stake that
claim. Unlike the rest of us, Jason and Brad have the ability  to inspire
thousands and you guys are tearing them apart and beating  them down.

Do I think Jason is the best blues harp  player in the world? Hell yeah!!!..
because he's doing his own thing his  own way. He's not a clone or copy cat
like Kim Wilson, Rick Estrin or  even Steve Guyger et al. When I see those guys,
they make me feel like  I've heard it all before. When I see Jason, I can't
wait to get home and  practice. Jason knows how to move people and build a fire
of inspiration  in people. Look at how he moved Bonfiglio, I've never seen
Robert talk  about another harmonica player the way he talked about  Ricci.

That is why Jason is the best. Shame on all of  you that express any kind of
disappointment in Brad Kava, he is what we  all need, he is what this
instrument needs.

Thank you  Brad and thank you Jason."