Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball (V) vs Blues Blaster

On Sep 18, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Jim Konish wrote:

Bob Cohen wrote:

You're absolutely right that reading reviews is an extremely poor substitute
for using a mic myself and hearing it. Unfortunately, when music stores say
they can't allow customers to test microphones before buying due to health
regulations, it makes comparison testing on a limited budget somewhat
difficult without knowing several harp players nearby.

That's wild. I live in MA and often get stuff from my local Guitar center. They never balk at trying out a mic. How else can you know if it's right? I presume that they won't let you return them if there's a problem. That sucks. If you were closer, I'd let you try mine. Sorry.

Sounds like the Fireball isn't what I'm looking for after all. Once I get a
better idea of what some different elements sound like, I think I'll be
going down this route.

The Fireball gives an extremely clean sound, as has been mentioned here. If you want to dirty it up, you'll need to employ effects.