Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band Deluxe

On 15.09.2006 05:39, Jon Harl wrote:
I've been reading reviews about the Marine Band Deluxe 2005 (MBD2005) on the internet and at Coast to Coast. Most are favorable, with the most common complaint being the cost. A couple of players didn't think the factory sealing of the comb was very good. In fact one guy said it was peeling after just a short time. Now that they've been out for awhile, for those of you who have bought a MBD2005, how are they holding up? What's the consensus now? Are they worth it?

Jon Harl

Hi Jon.

The first batch of Marine Band Deluxe with long slot combs had indeed a problem with the varnish. The supplier mixed the wrong ingredients, unfortunately. For over a year now the sealing has been changed and works very well. Furthermore, I have exchanged all defective combs which came to my attention since then, and everybody who experiences the peeling of problem cna get in tocuh with me for a new comb.

I hope this information helps you decide. I am personally inclined to use plastic comb harps, but, since I've been using the MBDLX (from the prototypes on), they have been my favourite harmonicas.

I am leaving for Klingenthal now, to check out the Mundharmonika Live festival at Seydel.

Greetings from Trossingen,
Fernando