[Harp-L] tuning up the band

Hi Everyone,
I believe that all the Hohner harps are tuned sharper then A=440.
The Lee Oscar harps are also tuned sharp.
The reason for this is so you will sound in tune with a band that is tuned
to A=440.
When you play with expression, the notes tend to sound a little flatter.
If the string players tune to the harp, you will usually sound flat.
As far as "compromise" verses "equal", I believe this is a matter a
personal preference. I prefer the "compromise" tuning.
All the best,
Bob Meehan