Re: [Harp-L] Tuning up the band

If you're on a factory tuned G harp (which I know you're not,
Winslow), then the A on a G harp (1 draw) is actually going to be a
couple of cents sharper than an A on an A harp (1 blow).

*Most* factory tuned low F harps that use a compromise intonation
are going to have an A that's very close to 440hz.  The whole harp
will be tuned up to about A=443 (~12 cents sharp), but the 2 blow
will be 12 cents flat of the reference for intonation purposes.  The
A on an E harp (5 draw) will also be about spot-on, but an octave
higher.

Believe it or not, I've been on gigs where I was the only one with a
tuner.  That's like the piano player bringing a tuner.  It's not
like I'm going to use it!

-tim