[Harp-L] Audix Fireball (V) vs Blues Blaster

Hello,

I've read a lot of very informative reviews on harp-l about the Audix
Fireball and Fireball V mics, and many of you guys have described them by
drawing comparisons with a number of other commonly used microphones.  To
everyone who has already posted their thoughts on this, thank you.

As jam-packed with information as previous posts have been, I suspect that
there are plenty of relative newbies like me who haven't yet explored
multiple mic options, and don't have a sufficient basis of comparison to
understand how the Fireball and Fireball V are unique.  I've been playing
for 3 years now, and I'm still using my first rig, a Hohner Blues Blaster
(purchased new in 2004) through a Fender Blues Jr, Over the summer I got to
sit in with Reverend Raven and play through Benny Rickuns' unbelievably nice
rig (I don't remember what it was, but the tone was so spectacular it was
difficult to refrain from giving the amp a hug on stage), and that got me
thinking that it's finally time for me to start exploring other gear
options.  I'm considering giving the Fireball V a shot.  Is there anyone out
there who owns both a Blues Blaster and either Fireball model and could
explain how their characteristics differ from the Blues Blaster, aside from
the Fireball being low Z and more feedback resistant?

Thanks,

Jim Konish

www.deepblueshag.com <http://www.deepblueshag.com/>