Re: [Harp-L] my favorite jason ricci quote

Jason's quote reminded me of a quote I keep on my office wall from T Bone Burnette about the music he makes:

     "We live in an age of music for people who don't like music. The record industry discovered some time ago that there aren't that many people who actually like music. For a lot of people, music's annoying, or at the very least they don't need it.
     "They discovered that if they could sell music to a lot of those people, they could sell a lot more records, so now we have jazz for people who don't like jazz and country music for people who don't like country music.
     "This stuff (his music) is for people who like music."

-------------- Original message from randy singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------