Re: [Harp-L] Kalamazoo and Epiphone Valve Jr.

I really, really like my Kal. By using the volume and tone, there's more than one sound, from LW "Watch Yourself" to "Blue Midnight" to Rod Piazza back when he was boogie'n with George on the "Astatic Stomp". Add a nice delay and get a Big Walter "Easy" sound. Of course, that would depend on your technique. You need no mods, just a healthy stock one (fresh filter caps) with the original speaker. Mine doesn't hum a bit, ideal for recording. Oh yeah.... IMHO, FWIW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:47 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Kalamazoo and Epiphone Valve Jr.

I am looking or a super cheap harp amp.  Something
really small.  Something I could even mod for a
Bassman type tone.  I found some info on both
Kalamazoo's and Epiphones and was wondering the
group's opinion.

I really only need it to practice with (both at home
and at low volumes with the band).  I thought about
getting rid of my Bassman RI Ltd and getting a tricked
out little amp, but I love the Bassman too much!

I would maybe use a small amp once every other month
for a gig (so it wouldn't be a primary weapon).  I'd
be willing to mic if need be.

So basically something that is harp useable and not
going to sound like garbage.  Even better yet if I
could record with it, but the primary use is to
practice and use if the Bassman is too big.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay

"Rock to me doesn't exist - it's just a term that was
invented for guys who can't play."
-Kim Wilson