Re: [Harp-L] Kalamazoo and Epiphone Valve Jr.

Mike, I've got a Premier Twin 8R.  got it for around $200.  May be about 6W, I'm really not sure, but it's a great little amp.  crazy tan tolex with wood grained vinyl decal sort of finish.  now that I think of it, looks a little like a freshly poured Guinness... what time is it... I've played with it in all types of situations, 6 piece electric band, small, not quite acoustic trios, jams, studio, etc.  especially nice with a Hi-Z hot mic.  Have had to mic it with the 6 piece, great on stage sound, let the PA do the rest.

Jim.

>>> Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> 9/12/2006 1:47:38 PM >>>
I am looking or a super cheap harp amp.  Something
really small.  Something I could even mod for a
Bassman type tone.  I found some info on both
Kalamazoo's and Epiphones and was wondering the
group's opinion.

I really only need it to practice with (both at home
and at low volumes with the band).  I thought about
getting rid of my Bassman RI Ltd and getting a tricked
out little amp, but I love the Bassman too much!

I would maybe use a small amp once every other month
for a gig (so it wouldn't be a primary weapon).  I'd
be willing to mic if need be.

So basically something that is harp useable and not
going to sound like garbage.  Even better yet if I
could record with it, but the primary use is to
practice and use if the Bassman is too big.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay

"Rock to me doesn't exist - it's just a term that was
invented for guys who can't play."
-Kim Wilson