Re: [Harp-L] What's the best "off the shelf harmonica" these days?

hello, Trip,

while waiting on my small shipment of James Gordon S20s, I've been slowly building a set of Tim Moyer's $50 "off the shelf" Workingman's harps, the Journeyman model (plastic comb, $50 Artisan has wood comb.)  I've got no affiliation with Tim, never even been to Texas, these are my true feelings based on experience (however, for the right price I may be bought.) For my money, these are great harps.  Tim has always had the keys I requested in stock and ready to ship.  I purchased my first Journeyman in May I believe it was... have been playing it regularly since then, and it stills sounds just about as sweet as the day I received it.
http://www.workingmansharps.com/Journeyman.html

JIm.

>>> "Henderson, Peter" <Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/12/2006 12:46:44 PM >>>
With my case full of 40 or so Filiskos and Sleighs I haven't bought a
new harp in years, but I have a student who is not so fortunate.  I've
seen various posts regarding new harps by Suzuki, Bushman, The Marine
Band Deluxe, et. I was playing with William Galison this past Sunday and
he likes the Suzuki's with rosewood combs. What's the good stuff these
days?

As for case security...trust no one, close it up on breaks and never
leave it alone off stage for even a second - having your name on it a
great idea too. Strange, but bars seem to attract an unsavory bunch - go
figure?

Trip Henderson ~ NYC