[Harp-L] First dead Fire Breath

I did about 40 takes last night on a hard blues on my Suzuki Fire Breath in C. The 4 hole blow reed failed completely -- just plain packed up and quit, dropped to about an Ab.

I switched to a Lee Oskar for the next few takes, but the sound is very, very different, even through an amp. Wouldn't be a problem except that it will be difficult to match the takes.

This was a pretty spectacular failure, and unexpected -- I can't remember the last time I had a blow 4 reed on a C harp fail completely.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com