Re: [Harp-L] Rick, Roscoe, Chris and the rest of the family

"Planet Harmonica" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And of course, it's just my humble opinion, but I stand by this : Chris' playing,
> to my ears, does not meet the standard of any of the jazz musicians in my
> record collection. And it's all the more surprising (or shocking, depending on
> where you're looking from) in regard of the serious boasting that he does.

well, in all fairness, i recall chris making essentially the same point in a posting
from maybe a year ago (sorry, i couldn't find it in the archives).  he wasn't speaking
specifically about fluidity, but was talking about his new band members, and how he
felt they were all better musicians than he was, in that they could pick up and play
anything.  i believe his point was that most harp players in general were not in the same
league as the accepted standards among jazz players, and he caught a lot of flack about it.

perhaps i'm misremembering.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.