[Harp-L] The salvation of the harmonica's image.

A prominent gripe concerning the harmonica's image is people playing harp
along with the band without permission. And often playing badly as well.
I attended a small festival today and witnessed  something that may take the
pressure off the harmonica. Bad tin whistle playing! The band started up and
there he was, playing along without being asked. And man, was he awful.  He
probably thought he sounded good, but he was obviously a beginner, no time
in the woodshed.
OK, he was only 8 or 9 years old, but still...

(I hope no one here cross-posts this on Tinwhistle-l, it could strain
relations)