[Harp-L] lead story in USA TODAY

I usually do not write funny anecdotal post, but I wanted to share this with you.

Just got back from nashville, performed at the douglas corner (thanks for coming, jellyroll).

Funny story about my harmonicas and the airport screening process.

every single time I bring my harmonicas thru a security checkpoint, I ALWAYS get frisked and bags check by the TSA (stands for THOUSANDS STANDING AROUND).

However, when I was going thru the Nashville x ray line, my bags were going through and I hear this from the TSA agent.

"OH WOW, CHECK THIS OUT, IS A GREAT COLLECTION OF HARMONICAS"
and...........they let me go thru WITHOUT looking thru my bags!!! So cool that in Nashville, they recognize our instrument- of all cities, they knew the harmonica and he actually yelled it out in glee.

ALSO

When i sat down to eat before the plane, here is was the LEAD story in USA TODAY on the travel page.

"when you spend 8 hours a day standing watch at an airport security checkpoint, you learn a few things about the traveling public. Among them-

1) the condition of their socks is, for the most part, not bad.
2) a surprising number of passenger are packing HARMONICAS.

The last line of the article is, paraphrased.

",,,,,,and it is just fine to bring your harmonicas on board the airplane!!

So fun to see the harmonica in the news and if true, realize that there are more airborne harmonica players than we ever knew.

also, ):):):) I am so thankful richard reid (the shoe bomber) did not try to use a harmonica instead of his shoe.........then we would really be stuck!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.randysinger.com