[Harp-L] Doing the Dizzy Gillespie thing

I was working on tone with the rhythm section of my band on Thursday, and I was allowing my cheeks to balloon out on all the blow notes, nearly to Dizzy Gillespie proportions.

  I noticed I got a cool percussive sound right after the beat when my cheeks slapped back against my teeth/jaw as I switched from blow to draw.

  Do you guys use that technique?  What about the big-cheeks thing generally?

  Thanks.

  -Rick