[Harp-L] CBGB to relocate to Las Vegas

 CBGB to relocate to Las Vegas

The legendary music locale, CBGB, is set to relocate to
Las Vegas later this year from the New York location it
has called home for the last 33 years.  Pollstar reported
club owner Hilly Kristal hopes to finalize a new location
for his famed club in the Nevada city by September to
better facilitate the transition when his East Village
lease runs out in October.  In the way of that transition,
which was brought about by Kristal losing his lease, is
the difficult selection of developers and brokers.
"Everybody gets a little greedy when they see dollar
signs in front of them and they start wanting more and
more and more, so I don't know," said Kristal. "I'm going
to tell them it's either this or nothing, 'cause you'd
be surprised how they're not just investors, they want
the whole brand. Or most of it."  Kristal has said he
plans on taking as much as possible from one location
to the next including its doors and toilets all in an
effort to maintain the locale's atmosphere as best he
can, Pollstar reported.