Re: [Harp-L] reading things into the best

These are pretty wide sweeping statements that should be prefaced with 'IMHO'.
After all, isn't all music subjective? Making statements why some players are clones in your musical mind
while others are great to you is totally your own opinion. To say that the harp players you mentioned are
clones and copy cats shows a total igorance of that particular genre and style of blues playing. Building
up one while knocking others is not the way to convince anyone of talent or musical superiority.
Kudos to Jason for his music and Brad for his article.
All 'IMHO'
HB

Do I think Jason is the best blues harp player in the world? Hell yeah!!!..
because he's doing his own thing his own way. He's not a clone or copy cat like
Kim Wilson, Rick Estrin or even Steve Guyger et al. When I see those guys, they
make me feel like I've heard it all before. When I see Jason, I can't wait to
get home and practice. Jason knows how to move people and build a fire of
inspiration in people. Look at how he moved Bonfiglio, I've never seen Robert
talk about another harmonica player the way he talked about Ricci.

That is why Jason is the best.