[Harp-L] re blues j.r.

You are correct, it is amperes not voltage. As far as pre-amp tube output, i find certain mics sound different with different tubes in different amps. Lotsa possible combinations. Again only my certainly humble opinion, but that particular amp sounds better with AYs when using a fairly hot mic such as an older 545.To me anyhow.
                                                                                              Mike