[Harp-L] Post-SPAH

Hi Friends,

Still coming down from SPAH in Denver. Great as always to enjoy and renew old friendships at the conventions! Don't believe everything you hear about my driving, tho'... for one, I was not doing wheelies, etc. in a "construction site" with 4 passengers aboard... it was simply the first and best available turnaround point on a late night trip in which NOBODY knew how to get where we were going, until I pulled over, read the map for myself and figured it out! As proof, the ride home was easy-breezy. [Sorry, Joey, about the 'rump-bump' in the back seat, but it WAS intended for 2 people, and of course, I didn't design the car! ;)))] Anyhow, end result... everybody always safely got where they needed to get, including by my count, at least 7 ferries to Walmart or liquor stores! [Just maybe a bit quicker than they otherwise might, is all. Hey, don't want to miss anything at SPAH, right?!] ;)

The reviews here of SPAH 2006 have been insightful and entertaining as ever. [I wish I could be a more memorable 'harp-playing' attendee, but I know better!] I really couldn't add much more at this point, so I will spare you all that. Having something to say is not the same as having something to add, and besides, once started, I may find it hard to quit, as is my penchant, [can you tell?] and that wouldn't serve well either.

One thing I will say before closing is that I had an apparent weak moment [or lapse in sanity,] and agreed to take on the challenge of replacing the editor for the SPAH magazine, Harmonica Happenings. I'm excited, but slightly terrified, by the prospect! Still, I feel lucky to have come to know, even cherish as good friends, many fine folks in the harmonica community who *I AM SURE* will gladly, willingly, selflessly offer their many-tiered, valuable inputs to help me grow and improve this wonderful publication! Right? [Thanks!! Knew I could count on you.] :)

So... suggestions or hints, articles and photos, topics and subject matter requests, constructive criticisms, etc. are all herewith solicited and appreciated. However, for starters, I would like to ask permission to possibly use some of the excellent reviews of our Denver convention just past that have appeared here the last 2 weeks. This being a public forum offers me many opportunities to glean such information; however, if I use anything you wrote in SPAH's publication, I will give full credit [or blame! ;)] at this time, and always in general, and will strive to reach you about using it beforehand. Naturally, I joke about 'blame', as it will never be my intention to denigrate, ridicule or demean anyone, or their ideas or opinions... just to be clear on that issue. If I should fail at this, please forgive me; but also, tell me so, that I may make some amends; and, if you prefer I NOT reiterate anything you put forth here, I hope you will tell me that as well and I will be sure to honor your wishes.

Ok, I guess I better wind it up and get going on the offlist things that beckon my attention... as in NOW!

Take care, y'all, and I hope to hear from you regarding HH magazine in the near future... after all, I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!!

Cheers, everyone...
Play It Forward!

=[BOBBIE]=
|| h a r p s p o k e n h e r e || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||