[Harp-L] Re:Sometimes you just can't win.

I posted recently about Tony Glover and said he (and Dylan) were the only white harp players in my area when I began. I was chastised off list, with a certain amount of sarcasm, I guess for saying that they were white. What was the point of mentioning that, was the remark...
After resisting the urge to return the sarcasm and say that I like to include a racist remark or two whenever I can, I thought maybe I should post and and say that I probably should have worded that differently. Glover was the only blues harp player I knew of in this area at the time, and he was white.... The point being, guys like Glover and Butterfield and Musselwhite probably exposed the blues to an audience that might not have found the blues otherwise, or not as easily. Glover was doing his thing in an area (Minnesota) that was predominantly white at the time.
I hate it when you can't say black or white without someone jumping on it. I'll probably get flamed for this, too...
---
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp