Jazz Harp (Was Re: [Harp-L] Tony Glover )

All this talk got me to go through my library. Tony Glover's book is what it is. Like so many players of a certain age, he was there for first explorations. That we've exceeded one of our teachers is as it should be. It's sad when students look down on their teachers when that happens, that's probably natural too, sort of like what happens when we first truly realize that our parents are not only fallible, they're every bit as ef'd up as the rest of the world. Empathy, the next step, doesn't occur until we have children of our own. Perhaps this is also applicable to our harp teachers. Empathy doesn't come until our students begin to exceed our own ability. That's my two cents on Tony Glover.

I also discovered a copy of Richard Hunter's book in my library. What a wonderful trove of harmonica teaching. Back in the day, I lacked the patience to absorb its teaching. Reviewing it now, I see I could have been further along sooner. If only I had paid attention in class. :-) Any way, there as an "Instruction Record" included with the book. It was a flimsy bit of vinyl that could be put on a turntable. I don't seem to have that. Is that material available in another format? Thanks for your teaching too Richard. And if I ever get better than you, I promise I won't say bad things about you. :-)

Bob Cohen