[Harp-L] Re: Tony "Little Sun" Glover

Glover was the man that inspired many on this list, and I would submit that
his one-man advancement of the harmonica is worth the admission into the
room. There were certainly many others that followed - one comes to mind - a
young man who at the tender age of 18 or so, took it upon himself to write
another... and another... and many more David Barrett (he can do). Then we
have Jon Gindick, who has also been noted as a writer who proved yet another
on-ramp onto the harmonica highway... others still follow still. Portnoy is
another example. And there will always be great players like Levy, whose
passion for the tin-sandwich bleeds into prose, and not just recordings or
performance. But all the players that came after Glover, albeit perhaps
greater players than he, have never to my knowledge suggested soaking a
harmonica in vodka prior to a performance. That my friends, is genius, and
quite honestly deserves more attention than any other instructional I can
name. No other writer of harmonica instructional books has combined the two;
booze and blues, so eloquently. I give the man his propers just for that. =)