[Harp-L] ThunderHarp Mic & Repro Bassman Sound Files

I've posted some new sound files on my website of my newly acquired repro Bassman built by Steve Clark <http://www.sligoamps.com/>. I'm using one of Steve Warner's ThunderHarp mics <http:// www.thunderharpmics.com/>. Fine mic/amp combination. The ThunderHarp mic really helps the Bassman live up to it's namesake.

These recordings were the first time out with this combo, and I ran "quick and dirtly" with the settings - "typical" Bassman: Bass 7ish, Treble 3ish, Presence 7ish, Middle... nada. The ThunderHarp mic is much more sensitive to tone controls, so I'm anxious to start playing what that middle knob. Volume was around 2.5ish into normal 1.

Recordings are quick and dirty, too. Levels on my MiniDisc recorder were on "automatic", AGC, so you'll hear it cutting in from time to time.

Okay, so the entire session was quick and dirty! I'd just met these guys, north of Portland, and this was our first time getting together. We just ran through some numbers.

Click on the link, go to the lower right hand corner of the page, "Sandy, Oregon":

http://www.resgraphics.com/Music-Audio.html

Hope you enjoy.

Ray.
--