RE [Harp-L] Electric Harp Versus Guitar

Mike Fugazzi wrote <<snip>>

<<What is the difference between the sound of an
electric harp vs  that of a guitar? >>

I think about that sometimes Mike, along with a lot of the other thoughts
(not so weird) that you voiced in your post. To go in the opposite direction for
 a second, one thing I've observed is that where the two instruments sound
most  different is primarily during the attack of a note and to some extent
during the  decay. On the other hand during the sustain they can sound remarkably
the same.  Listening with the right mindset to the middle of a sustained note
with  good amplified tone on either instrument, the similarity can be very
strong.

Trading fours a lot with guitarists can trigger harp lines that can make it
sound like two different guitars are playing, especially during an extended
jam.  I also love to play unison or harmony lines with guitarists. The sum of
the parts is something totally different than the individual sounds of  either
instrument.

Sometimes I think the two instruments have intersecting circles in terms of
what they contribute to a band's sound not only tonally but musically as well.
I  guess it's outside those circles where they contribute characteristics
more  uniquely belonging to each instrument. All of the above can be  said for
harp and sax too. Even keys.

I'm not sure if that's where you were going with this but that's what it
made me think of.

t. albanese