[Harp-L] Re: Drum Machine Recommendation

Rick In Davis sez

I use the Boss DR-880. It may not be the most inexpensive,
but it has the best drum and bass sounds by far. Look on eBay
for a deal under $350.

To  Bobby BlackHat

Who axes :

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive drum machine? I'm starting to work on recording a few harp songs and would like to add some
drums.

Hurricane sez :

That Boss DR-880 is an awesome heavy wieght drum machine Rick no doubt , I just saw a few at ebay with really low bids under $200.00 not a shabby thang to pass on but you all know that ebay can be at best sometimes a " crap shoot " :(:

I have a little Yamaha QY10 sequencer that I can make & store many cool drum pattterns I can creat like a Boss DR880 but I think the Boss DR-880 is a lot heavier than mine over all as a drum machine only  .

.... that said ....

Here's a ebay page with a whole bunch of Yamaha QY series sequencers :) Including one $15.00 QY10 ! ! These units are much more than just drum machines , these are complete synthesizers with really nice stuff in them that when learned and understood to use makes them a powerful midi work station too for you do a solo act and a super sounding one at that with full rhythm sections , bass , keynboards and many other musical voices !

< http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Yamaha+QY&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

- -  BUT - -

The little Boss BR Micro is still

< http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=818 >

to my knowledge so far is the deal of the century brand spankin new in the box at $200.00 for a simple drum machine with out a doubt Bobby :) , it too gives you much more than a drum machine .

Hope this helps ya :) Good luck .

Sincerely

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :