Subject: [Harp-L] Repair:Air Savers for Chromatic, recomendations

Kevin Duggan writes:

"I just bought Inspiration 22on Amazon,..
it has inspired me to  get going
on my Hering 6164 Delux Chromatic.

I get buzzes out of  a few holes which takes the
wind out of my sails.

Should I have  a professional tech look this over
or pop it open  myself?.......

I live in the Boston area it would be great
to  have someone who knows what they
are doing look this  harmonica

Its hardly been played

Stevie Wonder playing  "Alfie" on that album
just blew me away.

thanks

Kevin

Kevin Dugganhttp://www.kevsblues.comhttp://www.duggan.tv";

I'm SO glad.....that's one of my favorite compilation albums...and  Stevie's
version of Alfie is especially mind-blowing...given that he was  around 18 at
the time!   Do give a listen to Michel Herblin's  "Voice", ...I mistakenly
thought he was doing THAT on chromatic for a  while, until set straight here.
It's unbelievably  beautiful.  Toots' "Gymnopedie" after a few listens is  worth
attempting to play along with as well...

As for your buzzing windsaver problem...it's de rigeur for  Herings...I've
found to my chagrin.  At least until they're warmed up  (literally warmed
up)....and then they magically uncurl...but if they're  permanently kinked...a
fairly easy (and inexpensive) solution is to  purchase a bag of SELF-STICK
replacement windsavers from Bill  Romel.....

Yes it means opening it up....but I can talk you through it.   There's tons
of information out there how to do it as well.  It's too  long to post here
again, but I'll be happy to do so offlist.  I have  a whole simple system for us
all thumbs people :)

(I quite liked the "wind out of my sails"...)  good one.

Elizabeth