Re: [Harp-L] Are we in a Golden Age?

harmonica players are playing better. It's more difficult to be
considered a "skilled" harmonica player these days. the instrument had
evolved.

at the same time, the music industry makes things more difficult today
to reach the great majority of the population. It's not enough to be a
great musician. Your music must fit the industry demands, you must be
good looking yourself (if you're female, you must be gorgeous too).
It's more important to look good on the videoclip because they can fix
your sound in the computer.

compared to the Borrah Minevitch's times, harmonica is certainly much
less popular.

while we can see lots of great harmonica players everywhere, playing
in several pubs and small places, I can't see many harmonica players
reaching the real big places. The big festivals. Playing for tens of
thousands at Stadiums.

so it's a golden age in terms of skill, but not a golden age in terms
of popularity

that's what I think

Kenji