Re: Re: Re: [Harp-L] new boss recorder

Garry Hodgson wrote:
> this would be an absolute showstopper for me.  i've had enough
> of that nonsense with sony's lousy minidisc software.  this sounds
> like a great unit, but it'd be worth your while to confirm that
> this is not the case before you buy.

According to the owners manual, recorded files are transferrable
to/from the unit via USB by drag-and-drop.  They appear to be MP3
and WAV format.  Not all bitrates are supported for recording, but
there appear to be a number of options.

This product is very much targeted to guitarists, and a lot of the
features are effects settings on input that can be used to get
various guitar tones without an external effects unit.  I'd just as
soon have something without all that stuff -- that I won't use --
and focussed more on the recording aspects.  But I do like the form
factor and the price!

-tim